Browse Our Services
Jim and Angie Avard opened Sewing Machines Plus! in 1998 with a basic concept, to treat customers as they themselves wanted to be treated. Our success is dependent on our customer’s success. By focusing on sewing and partnering with quality suppliers, we can give our customers the highest quality possible. This is more important now than ever before. Not only have products become more complex, customer expectations are higher than ever.
In January 2020 ownership of Sewing Machines Plus! passed on to the next generation. Luke Avard, son of Jim & Angie Avard stepped up as owner/operator. Jim & Angie officially retired yet still remain active in the store's operation.
We participate in national and regional trainings on operation, service and repair of machines, quilting and fabric art and machine embroidery techniques. Sewing Machines Plus! encourages their customers to step outside the usual, to experience the fun and excitement of creating unique works of art with fabric and thread.
We are a resource for customers with ALL brands of sewing and embroidery machines. Our sewing and embroidery clubs and classes are open to customers with any brand of machine.
Machine Service and Repair
We have two Bernina Factory trained technicians on staff. All service and repairs are done in store, we do not send machines to service centers.
Our current labor rates for clean, oil and adjust are as follows:
- Mechanical machines & sergers - $100.00
- Electronic/Computer - $125.00
- Embroidery Module - $25.00
- Industrial machines and long arm quilting machines - $125.00 plus $25.00 for automated quilting.
Repairs beyond the COA package are as follows:
- Non-commercial machines - $75.00/hr
- Commercial - $125.00/hr.
- Service call rates in Bismarck/Mandan - $40.00
- Outside of the Bismarck/Mandan area - $1.00 per mile round trip.
- Emergency service call rate in Bismarck/Mandan - $90.00
- Emergency service call rate outside of the Bismarck/Mandan area - $2.00 per mile round trip.
3rd Avenue Quilt Studio
Our 3rd Avenue Quilt Studio has three log arm quilt machines. We have two experienced long arm quilters who love to finish your quilts. You can pick the quilting design and thread color, if you choose.